Child Custody Lawyer Near Grantsville Utah

Can The Mother Refuse To Give The Father Visitation Rights To Their Child?

Depending on how the divorce proceeding goes, a mother may be able to refuse to give the father visitation rights to their child. This is something that a mother should definitely keep in mind, as it could mean the difference between a good relationship and a bad one.

Legal custody vs physical custody

Whether you are a parent or a lawyer, you should understand the differences between legal custody and physical custody. Both can be awarded to one parent or shared by both parents. There are also many different reasons for which the court may award sole custody to one parent or the other.

A parent with legal custody has the power to make long-term decisions about their child’s upbringing. This includes the ability to make decisions on their child’s religious upbringing, education and medical care.

On the other hand, a parent with physical custody is responsible for taking care of the child. This means that they will be spending time with their child on a daily basis. However, this does not give them all the decision-making power that a parent with legal custody has.

A parent with physical custody can also receive visitation rights from the other parent. These visits are known as parenting time. Oftentimes, a parent with physical custody will also have the right to request information from the other parent about their child’s school and medical care. This may include medical records or information about the school’s curriculum.

Depending on the situation, a parent may be punished for denying their child visitation rights. These types of actions may result in jail time or even loss of custody. The penalties for denying child visitation vary according to the circumstances and the frequency of denial.

It is never a good idea to violate a court order. If you are not aware of the consequences of denying your child visitation rights, you should contact us. They can help you present your concerns to the court.

If your ex-spouse is not allowing you to see your child, you should take action to resolve the issue. You should keep records of your communication with the other parent. You should also be prepared to go to the court to enforce the visitation order. You can do this by filing a motion in court.

If your ex-spouse denies you access to your children, you should report this to local police. You can also get an Amber Alert for your child.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is simply an answer to a question and that if legal advice is sought to contact a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction.

If you have any questions or in need a Child Custody Attorneys, we have the Best Attorneys in Utah. Please call this law firm for free consultation.

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S Redwood Road Suite C
West Jordan UT 84088
(801) 676-5506

When you need a Divorce Lawyer, contact this law firm:

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-5506
Ascent Law LLC
4.9 stars – based on 67 reviews

Recent Posts

Real Estate Attorney

Probate Lawyer

Estate Planning Attorney

Child Custody Lawyer

Divorce Lawyer

Business Lawyer

Ascent Law LLC St. George Utah Office

Ascent Law LLC Ogden Utah Office

Directions from Orem Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Holladay Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Directions from Vivent Arena Salt Lake City Utah to Ascent Law LLC West Jordan Utah

Comments are closed.